- Roll-Off Container
- Stable Manure
- Food Scraps and
- Trash and Recycling
- School Food
Food Scraps and Organics
What Happens to My Food Scraps and Organics?
Yard waste and other organic materials such as vegetable food waste are collected curbside and taken to a state-licensed compost facility where they are processed into compost and mulches.
Why Recycle / Compost Food Scraps?
Composting organics reduces the amount of material that is landfilled and helps reduce greenhouse gas production. Compost and mulches are used to rebuild local soils, protect topsoil from erosion due to wind and rain, suppress weeds, conserve water and attract earthworms. The material you put in your bags and containers is used by organic farms, backyard gardeners, nurseries, landscapers, and public agencies.
If you have any questions regarding our food scraps and organics program, please contact us at 847-381-9300.
FOOD SCRAP UNDER THE SINK CONTAINERS! We are now selling and providing this service year-round.
Containers for Rent
Customers may rent organic disposal containers. Please contact us for details.
How to Recycle Organics:
- Organics are collected each week on your regular collection day
- To minimize odor, freeze food waste and place in container the night before your regular pick-up.
- Place organics in your manure dumpster, yard waste container, or a paper bag.
- Pumpkin composting - October thru November Weekdays 7 am - 5 pm and
Saturdays 7 am - 3 pm, see attached.
What is ok?
- Grass cuttings and weeds
- Leaves and garden waste
- Vegetative food waste
- Used kitty litter
- Tree trimmings less than 6" in diameter
- Prunings and berry vines
- Coffee grounds
- Egg shells
- Horse manure / Livestock waste
What is not ok?
- Glass of any kind
- Metal of any kind
- Plastic bags
- Nursery pots or trays
- Grease or oil
- Soil, rocks, cement or brick
- Cooking oils or sauces